SALEM CITY SCHOOLS' COVID-19 RESOURCES & INFORMATION
SCS' RESTART INFORMATION
The spread of the Corona-Virus has many people extremely concerned. Fear and anxiety of the unknown is understandable. Extreme media coverage of the pandemic seems to add to the heightened anxiety and stress many are experiencing. Knowledge of the disease is the first step in deterring such fear. Please know that I understand your concerns and would ask that everyone consider finding relief in the facts. The following link, sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, provides everything you need to know about the virus: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. The website is updated daily and provides the latest facts pertaining to COVID-19. My hope is that you will find comfort in knowing the facts. An addition, please know that the Salem City School District will continue to align our recommendations with and follow guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the Ohio Department of Health as well as local guidance from our own County Health Department.
We would like to remind our school community that the CDC makes the following recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.